Follow the Instructions below upon receipt of your monthly Calibration Kit
You will receive a Calibration kit on the first Wednesday of each month. Kits are shipped with cold packs to delay decay of the materials used during Calibration of the instrument. When your kit arrives, refrigerate immediately. Additionally, you must perform the Calibration the same day the kit arrives to ensure accurate data collections.
Note: The materials used in calibration are non harmful; but also need to be treated with caution for the sake of the data collected during the procedure. Also, please do your best to handle Calibration materials in a clean space.
1.Set the InstaScope on level ground and lock the front wheel.
2.Go to the Status tab in the InstaScope App. Tap on “Calibrate Instrument”
3. Open the nebulizing compartment on the rear of the instrument. Remove yellow covers from the nebulizer ports and attach an empty nebulizer by sliding the open end of the container onto the top intake valve and pushing into place until snug and bottom port is plugged. Once it is in place tap “Next” on iPad to begin the purge.
4. When the purge is complete, remove the empty nebulizer from the instrument and fill it with the liquid from the green labeled centrifuge tube. Avoid contaminating the liquid during transfer, this will compromise the data collected. Attach the filled nebulizer to the intake and tap “Next” on the iPad to initiate the first phase of the Calibration.
5. Once the first phase is complete, you may discard the used nebulizer and green labeled centrifuge tube. Then attach the second empty and unused nebulizer to the intake port and click “Next” on the iPad to begin the second purge.
6. After the second purge is complete, remove the empty nebulizer from the instrument and fill it with the liquid from the yellow labeled centrifuge tube. Attach the filled nebulizer to the instrument. Tap “Next” to begin the second phase of Calibration.
7. After the second phase is complete, discard the nebulizer and yellow labeled centrifuge and run a final forced-trigger Calibration. This is a four-minute process that Calibrates at low-gain and high-gain automatically. Once the nebulizer has been removed from the instrument tap “Next” on the iPad to initiate the final step.
8. Once the final Calibration is complete, connect the iPad to the cloud to upload the calibration data.